Twitter has effectively been our micro-blogging friend for a decade, which has even changed the face of marketing. It’s a great marketing tool & One can easily convert a 140-letter copy into an effective and succinct sales pitch. Here’s how…
- Profile Set Up: Your profile picture and your bio are the most relevant info that will describe your brand and will stick by every tweet you send out. Make sure you incorporate appropriate business info, hours, menu and a personalized logo.
- Use ‘Lists’: A business needs to engage with a myriad of organizations. For example, a restaurant may interact with bloggers for promotional activities; keep an eye out for competitors to stay on top of the game and vendors etc. You can now make up to 1,000 lists and each list can include up to 5,000 accounts.
- Be selective on who you ‘follow’: Being selective so as to not have your Twitter clogged up is an important move. You wouldn’t want all the noise to drown up the tweets and interactions that actually matter. It is advisable to have the automatically follow feature turned off. You may even take the help of tools like Audiense, FollowerWonk, Twitter Analytics
- Twitter Moments: Twitter’s newly launched storytelling feature is also a great way to optimize engagement on your account. The content curation tool introduced by Twitter allows you to gather and share a collection of tweets about a specific topic. This can be used in case you want to market an event.
- Switch on your DM: Direct messaging is often disabled by default. Learn to find your way around privacy settings and make sure this particular feature is enabled. These are the private messages sent to you and you need to be accessible to the ones that wish to reach out.
- Twitter Advertising: Twitter marketing enables you to customize your ad to deliver to the people who matter the most to your business. Target followers of similar accounts through Twitter ads and capture the exact clientele. Ads also give you the option to search according to relevant hash tags and help target previous customers, using your existing customer database.
- Trending Topic: Hopping in on the trending Twitter topic yields multifold benefits. Some of these topics are sudden events; some of these can be planned well in advance. These heavily trafficked and heavily searched trending topics can open your brand to a wide gamut of new audience.
- Effective Sales Platform: Twitter is a platform well equipped to increase your restaurant/small business sales – online as well as in store. Coupon-based marketing comes with a myriad of benefits.
- It is just exclusive to Twitter followers, which is a great way to reward them and hence, you can measure how your brand is performing on Twitter.
- It helps in increasing visibility and brand loyalty. Adding a few staples to it such as like, follow and retweet can only multiply your audience.
- Customer Service Tool: The last two years have seen a 2.5x increase in customer service conversations on Twitter. Immediate responses along with a solution will go a long way into showing you are a business that cares and ultimately having a loyal customer.
- Engage as much as you can: Twitter engagements work on the 80/20 rule: 80% interaction, 20% about you.e. Sending personalized messages to your customers, reviewing their opinions and criticism, and keeping a track of your followers will go a long way. Take the help of some apps that can help you better manage your followers, interactions, etc. This is especially appropriate if you are a 24-hour business.
- Influencer Marketing: Apart from the followers, look out for the key influencers to follow. Keep a check on the type of content they are sharing to hack some follows, likes and retweets. Klout is an imperative tool that helps in identifying the most influential Twitter users. Be sure to acknowledge them if they do share your content. A single share from an influencer can put you on the map!
- Bring out some cool pics!: Statistics show tweets with photos/videos get wider reach than plain content. Retweet percentage for such tweets increase by 150% and the number of clicks increase by 18%, approximately. These pictures/videos don’t necessarily have to be of professionally shot quality. You’re good even if you’re snapping away through your smart phone.
- Keep a track: Tweets, as well as engagement earned: Going through the tweets of target audience will give you an insight into the pool of possibilities you should be tapping. Twitter offers Twitter analytics that can help measure the visibility and engagement your tweets are leading to. Use these analytics to understand what type of content is being preferred by your audience.
Adopt these simple tips and tricks and get loved by Tweeples out there.